Sunday, September 30, 2007

Birthdays

His birthday, 2006

Me : 7abibi, people are looking. You can't be trying to seduce me 24/7 anytime anywhere!
Him (with a confused frown - taking both hands off me): Seduce you? Here? No. No, I think I just like to touch you.
Me (offended): You THINK?
Him : What now? Thought you wanted me to stop.
Me : No, no, no. I mean YES! I want you to stop now because I don't like having an audience. Bas I also want you to be SURE you like touching me. I mean, if you only THINK you like to touch me, then haven't you rushed into this marriage? Shouldn't you have waited to be absolutely sure?
Him: Women!

We get interrupted. And lose the thread of the convo for the rest of the evening. Much later, in the car, on the way home:

Him: L.?
Me(sleepily): Yes?
Him: I love to touch you. Anytime, anywhere, everywhere. With seduction in mind, with nothing in mind. That's just a constant. Ok?
Me (half-asleep): Yeah, ok.

I love to touch you, too. Should have said.

I wish I was there. Or you were here. Or something.

****************************************************************************************

My birthday, 2007

Me : I'm getting sick of trying to convince complete strangers that my marriage is genuine & not an immigration ploy. That woman is racist.
Him: Ma3laish lazim tihdi. Racist 3ala nafsaha. There are rules. Don't let her get to you.
Me : She does get to me, K. The stuff she asks me! I mean, does she ask this of everyone?
Him: Ok, I'm starting to get worried here. L., we've got to avoid getting into confrontations.
Me : I know, 7abibi, but it's so irritating. I keep wanting to scream that a) it's none of her business and b) Screw this, I don't even WANT to immigrate! Am happy where I am. Am immigrating to keep my marriage together - not getting married to immigrate. What a stupid little cow!
Him (laughing): I think that's the strongest language I ever heard you use. She's really getting to you.
Me : Sorry.
Him: No, it's cute. But....
Me : But, but, but. Dear God, help me to know why is there always a but with my beloved life partner?
Him: Think about it. Maybe because your beloved life partner does not want to have to go through an appeal? Maybe because he really can't go on like this for long?
Me : Go on like what?
Him: Like we are now?
Me : Hmmm....Listening to that, some people might be led to believe my beloved life partner kind of misses me?
Him: They might at that.
Me : And would they be right, do you think?
Him: Batali ghalasa.
Me : 7adir. Sorry. I'll stop asking if you miss me. I mean, I don't want to put you on the spot or anything.
Him: Kwais awi.

On second thoughts, I don't wish I was there. Rather have you here. And if wishes were horses.........


****************************************************************************************

Last Night

Me : Please come back. I need you to hold me. Just for 2 minutes.
Him: Why 2 minutes?
Me : Am scared I'll forget what it feels like.
Him: So forget. When the time comes, I shall enjoy reminding you.
Me : 7abibi, do you ever get sentimental about anything?
Him: Just can't see the point in struggling to memorize things we did or felt in the past. I'd rather think about what we're going to do next. Makes me feel I have a plan.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

it definitely sounds like he's missing you.

not sure what's going on w/ this woman, but try to ignore her. the last thing you need is some nobody messing w/ your mind and causing you stress! these ppl are always a pain in the ass to deal w/... if i'm on the right path here (w/out reading anything re: this).

you sound good. i can imagine how much you guys miss each other... imagine when you are back in his arms... how wonderful and comforting it'll be.

i will add this... i do think you guys need to have a baby. it's time... but who am i to say?!! it's your life :)

sweet days to you... and may the time and stress pass you as quickly as it comes.

9/30/2007 01:04:00 PM  
Blogger haal said...

typical taurus BTW! SO SO typical. I cant believe the great annoying similarity. Very practical to an extend that you think they have no emotions.

10/01/2007 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Men in general demonstrate no to little emotion compared to men.

I'd say K is perfectly normal. He even has a sense of humour very few men enjoy.

10/03/2007 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm...

I guess you catch the gist of what I was trying - and failing miserably - to say.

I shall now resign under a rock somewhere.

10/03/2007 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

um naief,

Thanks for your support. It is appreciated.

The woman is a sort of case-worker I've been having to see about my application to immigrate. He's had to see people over there too but the people he's seeing are apparently a lot nicer than the ones am stuck with so far.:(

haal,

Long time no see, girl. Good to see you.

Elblogosphere nawar.:)

He IS a typical Taurus no? Classic, textbook specimen.

10/04/2007 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Wael Eskandar said...

Give that lady your blog address and you won't have to go through anymore of her questions :)

Your first conversation reminds me of the basboussa dialog.

10/05/2007 06:00:00 PM  
Blogger Safa said...

I just enjoyed reading......

10/06/2007 05:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home