Monday, March 13, 2006

My Shopping Sprees

Shopping Spree One:

1 White Dress Shirt(for men)
1 Navy Blue Jumper(for men)
1 Paperweight - Ebony in the shape of a bull with onyx eyes.

Shopping Spree Two:

1 pair of Khaki shorts (for men)
1 sleeveless black t-shirt (for men)
2 pairs of pale blue boxers(They came together)
1 pair of black Timberland boots(for men)( Love them but I don't think he likes them. Which is a bummer.)
1 can of shaving lotion

Question: Why do I never feel like buying anything for myself anymore? I spend more time in men's shops than in my usual favorite haunts. Even Mama commented on that.

I mean it's not like he ever asks me for anything. Is this like a side-effect of being married or something? Is it healthy? Am I getting too obssessive? Are we looking at Fatal Attraction - the Remake?

Not that I haven't enjoyed the attack of selflessness & generosity but can I please go back to being my usual self-centered, shopaholic self now? I mean it. I miss that girl!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

i think it's because of the following two reasons:
1) you've had 20-odd years to shop for yourself and have exhausted all the possibilities. now you have a whole new range of shops and items that you haven't tried.
2) you want to dress him in your favourite way to maximize his hotness.

3/13/2006 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

ATC,

"As for you buying K all these stuff that is one of our ways of showing our affection to the other person."

Yes. But the problem is not that I am buying for him. The problem is that I enjoy it more than I enjoy buying for me. Ya3ni I go into Massimo, spend 3 minutes in the women's section half-heartedly pushing hangers to the right & left without really looking at anything then I go & spend 30 minutes in the men's section! I come out of Paris Gallery smelling of men's perfume - despite all the salesgirls constantly pushing me to try new women's perfumes I find myself not interested. I get much more excited about a new aftershave or a new perfume for him.

Even when I go out with girlfriends I leave them & go into the men's section.

It's not fun shopping for me anymore. And that used to be like my favorite activity in the world. So that's why am wondering what's happening to me & when is it going to stop.

Shereen might be right. Maybe I shopped too much for me & now am tired of it & need a break. My friends think am obssessed with him & should see a doctor.:)

3/13/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Healthy Obsession it is . I would like that ... as long as it's usefull stuff... No Waste ...
Granted you would help in getting rid of old stuff that is not in use...

Enjoy the rejuvenation...

3/13/2006 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Lou Lou,
I find that I fhave much more fun buying things for my kids than for myself. I figure it's ok as long as I don't overdo it and if I still take good care of myself. Enjoy spoiling your man as long as you don't neglect yourself.

3/13/2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Lou, I noticed the same thing about me...I mean, for God's sake, on sales season for clothes I bought K an aquarium and stuff...On Valentine's Day I got him a nice fancy pen...I am always looking for men stuff and what my colleagues get for themselves and then plan to buy it for K...Oh, and I feel guilty if I buy something for me and don't get anything for him... Selfless, yes, but still..weird! :)

3/15/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

"Why do I never feel like buying anything for myself anymore?"

That is what they call "LOVE" my dear ...

3/15/2006 06:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home