Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Should I trust him?

Me: 7abibi?
Him: Hmmm?
Me: Remember when you said that if I decide on dental jewellery you can do it for me?
Him: And have you decided?
Me: Yes.
Him: Tayeb.
Me: You know exactly what I want right? I showed you the pics.
Him: And you know what I said. You'll get your crystal but if I see anything else that needs doing it's gonna get done. Inti 3arfa ana ma yi3gibneesh el7al elmayel.
Me: Nothing is wrong with my teeth. My teeth are perfect.
Him: No. You have good teeth yes but they're not perfect.
Me: Yes they are.
Him: Ma3laish ba'a da shugli.(Sorry that's my job)
Me: I don't trust you. You're going to pull something.
Him: Only if it needs to be pulled.
Me: You said you love to pull teeth.
Him: Mashi bas hamsik a3sabi shwiya 3ashan khatrik inti bas.(Yes but I'll try to control the urge for your sake)
Me: Why are you so bloodthirsty?Why can't you just stick a crystal on my tooth like you do for other people?
Him: I've never done that without at least cleaning & whitening first. It looks ridiculous on yellow teeth.
Me: I don't have yellow teeth. We just did the cleaning & whitening stuff for the wedding. And you didn't do anything else then.
Him: Yes I didn't want you traumatized before the wedding. Howa inti konti na'asa? Ba3dain kont tali3 agaza wilduniya ma'alooba 3andi filshugl fa ma kontish fayei'i lik. (You were nervous enough. And besides I was going on leave & very busy at work so I had no time)Now you will have all my attention.
Me: Oh no! Look wallahi I don't NEED anything. I don't have pain or bad breath or bleeding gums or anything. I just want a crystal.
Him: We'll see.
Me: I think maybe I should just find another dentist.
Him: Your insurance won't cover this. And I come free of charge. You just have to give me carte blanche.
Me: I just have to let you do what you want with my teeth.
Him: Aiwa tiseebili nafsik khalis.(Yes leave yourself in my hands)
Me: I think you're just trying to scare me.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger GC said...

I say go for it and trust him. Plus it's a great chance for free dental care :) Even if it hurts a little, it'll be good for you at the end - plus you'll make him feel that he accomplished something.

3/08/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loulou
i was so happy reading this conversation it made me laugh

well i think he's just trying to scare u maybe he dosnt like the idea of putting a crystal on ur teeth and he's just trying to scare u away :)

any way i think u should trust him we amrek lellah he's ur husband after all he wont make u teethless

3/08/2006 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)) bossy I never trusted a dentist...I really have a hell of an issue with them. Bas since eno he is your husband..he is gonna take good care of you!!

3/09/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

howa a7san men el .3areeb bardo. And if he hurt you, then you will have an excuse to tedala3y shiwaya, like sorry love I couldn't fix the dinner, my teeth achs really bad ...etc:)

Glade that you are back with the humor, keep it up:)

3/10/2006 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Charisma said...

Lou,

I have been away as you might know, and i had a fast scan on your previous posts, i dont wanna stir back any feelings or memories, but i thank god things turned out ok and that you feel a bit better.

Dearest, insha'allah rabena ye3awadik khier, and apologies for not being around when you needed support.

Wish you the best always and forever.

3/11/2006 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Global,

"Plus it's a great chance for free dental care :) "

Yes it is. And besides if people see his wife going to another dentist it's not that good for his carreer right?

bosbos,

"i was so happy reading this conversation it made me laugh"

Glad you got a laugh out of it.:)

Nerro,

"bossy I never trusted a dentist."

Wala ana. That's the problem.:)

Wonderer,

"And if he hurt you, then you will have an excuse to tedala3y shiwaya,"

Thanks for pointing out the silver lining.:)

Chari,

Nice to see you again. Hope all your plans are going well ISA.:)

"but i thank god things turned out ok and that you feel a bit better."

Thank you. Take care & drop by every now & then & let us know how you're doing.

3/12/2006 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Dalulla said...

i say trust him, am sure he will take care of u but he is just teasing you

3/15/2006 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home