Monday, February 27, 2006

So I'm not normal after all....

Him: Inti meen alik aslan in inti normal?(Who told you that you're normal?)
Me: Everyone says that. Even you said it.
Him: No wait a minute. Matifhameenish ghalat(Don't misunderstand me). I said it was normal for you to be retaining fluid. That was a medical opinion. I never said you were a normal person. Di 7aga wi di 7aga(They're 2 different things). You've never been normal a day in your life. Or at least I've never seen it.
Me: Shukran. Allah yikhaleek.(Thank you)
Him: Ay khidma.(Anytime)
Me: Ma3 inak a7yanan tgool inak t7ibni.(But you say you love me sometimes)
Him: Mashi bas da mish 3ashan inti normal.(Yeah but not because you're normal)
Me: Yaslam. So what do you see in me?
Him: 7ilwa.(You're pretty)
Me: 7ilwa?
Him: Yeah I'm shallow.
Me: El7ilween ktar.(Lots of pretty around)
Him: Ana ba'a naseebi kida. A3mil eh?(Yeah but this is my luck. What can I do?)

So that's ok then. I'm not normal. I don't need to worry about that anymore.

But I'm pretty. I think I like being pretty better.:)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wonderer said...

welcome back Loulou, I guess now you are back to "abnormal":))

I am happy to see you both having your old loving conversations:)

Rabina ye.7aliko leba3d.

2/27/2006 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Enjoy "Not being Normal" in a lot of ways it's a Blessing :-)

2/27/2006 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Normal is vastly overrated anyway!

I'm very, very glad to hear you're both starting to feel better.

You'll be annoying him again with your hairdryer in no time!

2/28/2006 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

:)
"7amdella 3ala el salama Loulou" , i think that's how ur husband felt when u had this conversation .

2/28/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Lou, let me tell you something: none of my friends, virtual or real life, is normal! I don't get along with normal people as I am abnormal myself! :)

Yes, you are sometimes acting/responding/reacting normally to certain situation. Some normal things happen to you! But that is hardly enought to make you normal...It's like saying that if you hit a crazy person very hard and that person gets tears in his eyes (normal reaction), he/she is no longer crazy...:) Glad to see you feeling better!

3/01/2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home