Friday, August 05, 2005

Going Around in Circles

Me: So do you still love me?
Him: Ifridi.
Me: Ifridi?What kind of answer is that?
Him: Manti mish bitisa'ali kida lillah fi lillah. Akeed 3ayza 7aga. I have to know what this is going to cost me.
Me: Afraid you will have to marry me tomorrow?
Him: Yafandim da shi yisharafni.
Me: La ya sheikh.
Him: Da ana mish misada'a nafsi min kutr elsharaf.
Me: Ghasban 3anak. Ana asharaf qabeeltak kulaha.
Him: Ma 3andinash yakhti qaba'el.
Me: I7na 3andina. Ba3dain ana aslan I never agreed to marry you.
Him: Na3am?
Me: Especially not when you can't even say you love me.
Him: Excuse me?What have I been saying all day?
Me: Doesn't count. You didn't say it when I wanted it.
Him: Ya salam.
Me: And you're not supposed to care about the cost. You're supposed to be ready to die for me.
Him: Ana 3arif inik 3ayza twadeeni fi dahya. Wallahi min awil yom shoftik feeh.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I wish I had the ability to read and/or understand all languages in order to communicate with everyone in the world. With the bits of English mixed in, I think I could guess some of the conversation. I enjoy your take on things.

8/05/2005 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger roora said...

very nice really

8/05/2005 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

I second KM. I would love to understand all the languages ever spoken! Still, sounds kinda cute :)

8/05/2005 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Dah almost Irhab Ya Lou, give'em a break haram!?>:)

8/05/2005 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

km,

Lovely of you to stop by. What I wish is that I could see the photo in your profile. For some reason it won't show up on my screen.:(

8/06/2005 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Kayla,

If you teach me Romanian I'll teach you Arabic. Deal?

8/06/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Shareif,

"Dah almost Irhab Ya Lou, give'em a break haram!?>:)"

But he HAS had a break!10 whole days:)

8/06/2005 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

i will have to check into that?! wonder why it's being blocked?

8/07/2005 05:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home