Thursday, July 28, 2005

Leave Me Alone

Oh God. It's 9:00pm. Am in bed. Hiding under the covers. On my side. In my jeans. Lights off. AC is on FREEZING COLD. Laptop on my bedside table. Only my head & hands out of the blanket. Typing, surfing & smoking.

Have been like this for the last 3 hrs.

Now there's knocking on my door. Two friends are here to see me. Mom knocking on my door. Am keeping very still now. Laptop speaker on mute. Want everyone to think am sleeping & go away. Is it too much to ask for?Don't make me move. Please. Am too comfortable.

Now my phone is ringing. The girls are hoping to reach me by phone.

Now one of them is knocking on my door with the cellphone still ringing. Bummer. Should have remembered to put it on vibrator.

Q:Will anyone believe am sleeping with all this banging on the door & my cellphone singing Buffalo Soldier?
A:They'll think am dead. Better get up before they call an ambulance & break down the door.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Al Sharief said...

Intresting Choice: the "Buffalo Soldire" in the Middle of the UAE. I'm glad it is Not "No Woman...No Cry...".

7/28/2005 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger doshar said...

indeed, we all need our peace and quiet and more importantly our space sometimes.
i can't gather my thoughts sometimes except if i am totally alone, no one is at home, and preferably i know that there wouldn't be for a while. but there are other times that i would love my friends to just come break down my door!

7/29/2005 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Mohamed said...

Its hard to spend a whole week this way Loulou. Maybe you need a vacation in Cairo ;)

7/29/2005 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

sharief,

"I'm glad it is Not "No Woman...No Cry...".

Why?What's wrong with "No Woman...No Cry"?

7/29/2005 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

doshar,

"i can't gather my thoughts sometimes except if i am totally alone, no one is at home, and preferably i know that there wouldn't be for a while. "

You ask for too much doshar. All I ask for is that no one should bang on my door. They can have the rest of the house.

Why do people freak out so much when you lock yourself in your room?Last night my friends wanted to take me out & my Mom was saying yes, yes take her out. What happened to the good old days when Mama used to COMPLAIN that I go out too much?Now she's practically pushing me out the door!

7/29/2005 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Mohamed,

"Maybe you need a vacation in Cairo ;)"

Yeah rub it in won't you?

7/29/2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

"No Woman...No Cry"?
Nothin Wrong another graet Bob Marley song :-). It is just no fit with you in the Middle of the UAE.

I like the "Redemption Song" ;)

7/29/2005 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Sharief,

"It is just no fit with you in the Middle of the UAE."

Bob Marley is pretty universal I think. And I maybe living in UAE but don't forget am an African. Roots & all that.

Am afraid my musical soul is quite prejudiced about this sort of thing. Love 'black' music & rythm. If am going to listen to 'white' music at all it's going to be classical. Can forgive Mozart, Beethoven etc...for being white. But that's it:)

7/29/2005 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

I know, Ive seen Morrocan Girls & Boys dance Wuhooof! Really deep... deep soul dance. Pure Culture. I love it.

May be you could ring it:
:-)
Everything’s gonna be all right!
Everything’s gonna be all right!
Everything’s gonna be all right!
Everything’s gonna be all right!

No Cry. No Fit.

7/30/2005 12:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home