Monday, August 01, 2005

5 Nice Things That Happened To Me Today

1)My supervisor says am a brilliant mind & but that I sometimes lack discipline. Am a brilliant mind?Me?Who cares about discipline? Am happy.You can't have everything right?

2)Went perfume-shopping with my Dad. He bought one perfume & the lady was trying to convince him to buy something more from the same brand because they had a special gift if you spend a certain amount. He didn't want anything more so she started working on me. She was trying to sell me eyeshadow. She offered to do my eye make-up to demo the product. So she did & then she asked my dad isn't she beautiful with this make-up? He told her don't ask me that. She's my daughter. Whatever you do to her I'll still find her beautiful.Then he asked me if I want it. I did so he got it for me.

My Dad never said he thought I was beautiful before.

3)My friend bought me a cute little pink nightdress. It says "I'm Usually Gorgeous But It's My Day Off". Love unexpected gifts. Wearing it right now. Put it on as soon as she gave it to me. She just left.

4)Was trying to register for a new gym class. Found something called Tamarkuz which is supposed to be a mix of yoga & Sufism. Physical & spiritual exercise. Can't imagine what it will be like but looking forward to it. First class is next Sat.

5)K. called this morning. Woke me up for work. As soon as I picked up he said that's it I want to come back now. I asked well was it something I said just now?Was joking though. All I said was hello!
Asked him why he was up so early. He said he hasn't slept yet but was about to when he thought he'd call to see what I'll say. He always says that. Never I called because I have something to say to you. Always I called to see what you'll say. Don't know if that means anything. Here's my mental note to figure it out sometime.

So a new nightie & a new eye-shadow. Both I love. And both gifts. It feels like it's my birthday today.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Twosret said...

Yoga is great! you will sleep better, you will be more relaxed and calm. Good stuff go for it!

Pilates also is great if they have it you might want to check it out.

Good luck

8/02/2005 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Twosret said...

I can't write today :) I have a 14 months doll trying to type with me :)

I think your boss has a good point. That is what I wanted to post :)

8/02/2005 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. And yes, being told you're brilliant is so cool the rest really doesn't matter anymore! :)

8/02/2005 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home