Friday, July 29, 2005

Options

Tonight is R&B night at Rock Bottom.

Then there's the Jazz Bar & Dining.

Or my friends' absolute favorite Layali AlSharq.

The verdict: Both R&B & Sharqi music are out for tonight. Not in the mood for dancing at all. The Jazz Bar is nice. Lots of dark corners where you can enjoy the music without seeing what everyone else is doing or them seeing you. And it's my kind of music. Jazz, Soul, Blues.

Actually went & sat in the Jazz Bar alone a couple of times just cos I liked the music so much. But everyone kept freaking out at me for that as if I was doing something suicidal. Don't really see what's so dangerous about it. Abu Dhabi is a small city & very tightly controlled in terms of security. If 2 people raise their voices at each other on the street or in some hotel lobby plainclothes police just materialize out of nowhere. DOZENS of them. They're called CID's here. It's not like anyone can bother me if I don't want them to. And if they're stupid enough to do it I can just call a waiter or the security desk. Yeah there will be some muttered comments on the way in & the way out but so what?Sticks & stones etc....

The only danger I can see is that this is the kind of place that is bound to be a terrorist target - being full of Europeans & North Americans. But again if someone was going to blow the place up what difference would it make if I was alone or in a group?

My girlfriends refuse to go though unless we're a big group & we have at least one guy with us.

Anyway going there alone is not an option tonight because all my friends are going out & I said I'll go. So I cast my vote on the venue. Hope I voted for the winner. When we go to places where everyone is dancing if you don't get up & dance you're made to feel like a party-pooper. Might cop-out & decide to go to the Jazz Bar alone if they decide on one of the other two. We'll see.

Considering going out to buy something new for tonight. Want a black top to wear with my favorite black pants. All Black will suit my mood tonight. And dark lipstick. Gothic. Vampire.

Spoke to K. this morning. He was in the car with his parents so he let me talk to them. Thought the father's voice was the sexiest I ever heard on a man. Amazing voice. But didn't tell K. because I knew what he would do. He'd tell his father what I said & embarrass me to death.

K. showed me lots of pics of his family before. His father looks exactly like Rafiq AlHarriri. Except maybe taller. This Lebanese, Mediteranean look. The eyebrows, the bone structure. He's also a very well-dressed man. Kind of like Rafiq AlHarriri there too. Asked K. if they had any Lebanese blood & he said no. Which makes sense cos the rest of them do look very Egyptian.

His mother doesn't look like anyone famous. She looks like my elementary school principle. But I suppose I shouldn't hold that against her.

This morning on the phone his father was an aboslute sweetheart to me. The mother was a bit more formal.

Wonder what kind of impression I made. Sent K. an sms asking but he hasn't replied yet.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Alina said...

All black, vampire outfit..Brings back some memories! Well, I hope you enjoy this evening, no matter where you end up going! :)

7/29/2005 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Kayla,

"All black, vampire outfit..Brings back some memories!"

What memories?Or is it a secret?

Got the black top. Found one in Zara & one in Valentino. Got the Zara one. Tonight's outing isn't really worth Valentino prices.

7/29/2005 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

gilgamish,

"that is so cool, you are free to go out and party at any time,"

Am almost 29. Yeah it was a bit of a fight but now they realized they really can't scream at me everytime I come back late. 3aib ya3ni at my age.

Think it also helps that my older bros are not living at home anymore. They were so strict.My parents are much more reasonable now that they're gone.

"it probably gives your parents some rest not to worry, i hardly know any arabic girls that i can do the partying with...."

Does it have to be with Arabic girls?

7/29/2005 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger zoss said...

So he hasn't replied to the sms yet, eh. I wonder if he has some sort of an online journal, (like a web-based-log --we'll call it a blog for short), where he logs personal events, and where you can go and look up what he had to say about your call --and everything else for that matter :) wouldn't it be nice?

7/29/2005 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Good morning Zoss,

"I wonder if he has some sort of an online journal, "

That would be great Zoss. But am a reasonable woman. Not asking for a whole blog. Just a reply to sms would be nice. Or a reply to a long, long, long email that consists of more than 2 lines.

7/30/2005 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

No, not secret! I only used that kind of outfit last winter, while going to this really bad state of mind. But at least I got to experience some very nice make-up styles!

8/01/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

"But at least I got to experience some very nice make-up styles!"

Yeah I noticed that with all black you get away with really strong make-up statements.

Thinking about getting a professional makeover.

8/01/2005 02:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home