Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday 15/7/2006 4:35pm :

On the way out of the office talking on the phone, I walked off the pavement. Literally. The pavement ended & I didn't see it. Colleagues say I floated on air. Unfortunately am not built to fly so I fell & tore a ligament in my left foot.


Saturday 15/7/2006 9:15pm :

At home. Making mango juice. When I finished peeling the mangos I tried to lick the juice & bits of fruit off the knife. I nearly sliced my tongue. It's still swollen & am still lisping. Hopefully not forever.


Sunday 16/7/2006 6:10 am :

I ran the hot water in the shower & hung my crumpled blouse behind the bathroom to iron it out a bit. It works like dry-cleaning. Then I undressed & tried to get under the shower. Under the boiling hot water. Fortunately our bathtub is too high so the hot water only caught the top of my head & one foot as I tried to climb in. My right foot this time.

So now I am walking with a crutch. My left foot internally injured. I have second degree burns on my right foot, first degree burns in my scalp & I am lisping with a tongue swollen to twice its normal size. And I still went to work today.

You should have seen the faces on the doctors & the nurses when I went back to the emergency room for the 3rd time today. My husband kept getting dirty looks. They think he's been abusing me.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Alluring said...

You seem to be absent minded.

Clear your mind and take control of things again!

Hope you get better soon.

7/16/2006 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Hope you feel better soon.

It never rains...

7/17/2006 03:43:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Alluring,

Absentminded? People don't usually call me absentminded. Distracted. Unfocused. Always trying to do & think about 10 different things at the same time. And I usually get away with it without being particularly clumsy or accident-prone. Guess my charmed life is over.


Safiya,

"Hope you feel better soon."

Thanks.:)

"It never rains..."

Exactly.:)

7/17/2006 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ohhhh...it seems u've been envied ya Loulou :) , take care and may God protect u .

7/17/2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

DON'T lick knives!

You seem to have a lot on your mind. Be careful and take care of yourself!

Did you throw away that bracelet or anklet that woman gave you?

7/17/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lubna said...

Loulou,
I don't know whether to laugh or to tell you salamtek:)
Hope you feel better real soon.

7/17/2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Loulou,

Licking the knife, GOD!!!!! Eegrhhhh. My sis used to do these things with a knife or using knife as a fork. She over it, thanks to me, I just cant watch that. THIS IS A BAD HABBIT. For two drops of mango, u almost cut ur tongue or did. The rest what happened to you can be considered as an accident, but more its because you are not attentive. Burns are really serious, poor you. I just don’t get why u went to work?

Here if something that kind happens to people, generally people going and giving money to beggars or helping poor people, or giving money in mosque as donation. It is strongly suggested. On the way back do some charity, please. It will save from future bad luck. Not like I believe in that, but I better give some money to prevent.

I wish you to get better and take care of yourself.

Puppy.

7/17/2006 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mumbo Jumbo said...

Salamtek. Rough week! The tongue incident especially... ughhh...

7/17/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Twosret said...

Are you pregnant?

7/18/2006 03:21:00 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
How sad is it that I find pleasure in your demise???!??

Salamtek, but this is some funny shit!!!!

7/18/2006 05:34:00 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

I think you win for all around worst day ever.

7/18/2006 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Puppy,

I went to work because I can't bear to stay at home in bed. I never could. If I take time off I spend it out all the time so I thought I might as well go to work.

My tongue is much better now. I guess the cut wasn't that deep. The burns are also not bothering me that much. It's the foot with the torn ligament that is giving me trouble. It's painful to walk on now that am not using the crutch anymore. And it keeps swelling. And I miss my high heels. :(

S,

It's ok. I know it's funny.:)

7/19/2006 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

OMG Loul ! All that in one day !!!
Alf salaama 3aleiki... shafaaki Allah we 3afaki..
Take care of yourself ba2a... mesh ma32oul keda ;-P

PS. On your last post:

"It's nice that he'd drive all this distance just to spend the night with me. It's got to mean he loves me a little no?"

Means you deserve it ya gameela...Rabena ye7meeki

7/19/2006 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger GC said...

Salamtik ya loulou. Guess you had a Murphy's Law day :)

7/20/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

So sorry to hear this Lou! Hope you get better soon and that K does not have to face such looks anymore! Take care :)

7/21/2006 08:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooopsy...doesn't sound good at all...get well soon ya Loulou :)

7/22/2006 03:02:00 AM  
Blogger Me ® said...

ouch ...
salamaat & take care

7/22/2006 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home