Saturday, April 01, 2006

Keeping my eyes open

That's the main point of this post. Don't have anything in particular to say. Just feeling very, very sleepy. It's the last hour of my working day & am just spent. Didn't get any sleep last night. Caught myself dropping off a couple of times as I stared at my sequence diagrams. So I went & made myself a cup of coffee & decided to do something other than work in the hope that it will help me keep my eyes open. Don't really relish the thought of being caught fast asleep on my desk. Management would complain methinks.

What is strange is this decreasing tolerance for insomnia that am developing. Am the woman who could do 3 or 4 sleepless nights in a row. Now I can't even handle one?O How have the mighty fallen!

Saturdays are always a bit blah for me. Not just because it's the first day of my working week. It's also my husband's day off. The thought of him getting to sleep in & then spending the rest of the day sunning himself by the pool while I have to drag myself out of bed at 6:00am & spend the rest of the day slaving away at my office makes me feel something is very wrong with the world. It must be in violation of some treaty. There are moments when I firmly believe a woman's place is by her husband's side. Especially when said husband's side is located on the poolside.

Oh dear. Almost done with this post. Ran out of things to say. And guess how long it took?18 min. 18. Not even 20. Still 40 min to go before I can go home.:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home