Friday, August 12, 2005

Blogging About Not Blogging

Haven't felt much like blogging in a couple of days. I sit infront of the screen & can't think of anything to write.

Is it that I get writer's block when am feeling happy?So it would seem. I think for me writing is an outlet for my worries, fears & frustrations more than anything else.

So now I know am the kind of person who only feels like writing when in doubt or pain or resentment. During periods of peace & happiness I stay away from writing because it causes me to overexamine & overanalyze & so find some things to worry about. I try to make my rare periods of serenity & not thinking too much last as long as possible.

Been reading a lot of blogs lately & I can sense am not the only one. You see very few personal posts about happy things. The overwhelming majority are critical or frustrated or worried or unhappy in tone.

Tried to post a few times & everytime I manage to say that I am pleased. Pleased is the exact word. What I feel is pleasure. But then there is no more to say.

Why is it that a post that starts "I am pleased" is so difficult to finish whereas a post that starts "I am scared" or "So-and-So is making me angry" would go on forever?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mohamed said...

Sharing fears and worries seem more attractive than sharing happiness! and once you're happy, why write? you have tons of other way to express that feeling.

But even sharing too much of that (worries and whatnot) makes me tired, and I wish I wouldn't have to write in the first place.

I realize that I do remember my feelings quite well long after they're gone, but I can't express them as I do when I'm feeling them. Writing them down, and reading them later on makes those feelings jump up in your face and makes me thankful for what I have now.

Yet again, too much of worries and fears, and writing silly stuff about me and what I think makes me tired. Better do something useful.

8/13/2005 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Mohamed,

Yeah you sound tired. Hope you have a nice break & come back refreshed.

I don't think the stuff you write is silly though. But that's just my opinion:)

8/13/2005 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger doshar said...

glad you are pleased loulou. it is more than normal to want to write when scared. it is a way to vent your tension. if pleased or happy, what is there to vent.

although sharing happy events is sometimes nice too, but you know people like reading tragedy and thrillers more! not to mention everyone on Earth likes to play the Psycho analyst on the blogosphere. :)

8/14/2005 01:41:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

doshar,

I guess you're right. Writing about tension or unhappiness triggers people more. More drama.

8/14/2005 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger roora said...

i guess yeah it is normal because we like to share our tension and seeking for more experienced people to give us their opinions , or maybe some one outside who gives you an outerview and could be more compassionate.

you know Loulou, it is like praying to God, we pray at most when we are worried and still not in our full happiness, for myslef, i pray alot when there is something i need, and when you are ok, you pray but not in the same way when there is a need not fullfilled or worried.
that is why i guess, there is a hadith that says( by what it means) that when we remember God in our good and happy times, he remembers us in our hard times .

8/14/2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I love the comments... more or less say what I wanted to say...it's like when you're happy .. do you pick up the phone and call your friend to tell her "hey, I'm happy" ? (even though "sometimes" I do :-D) but when you're worried/sad/afraid whatever.. you're more likely to do that...same goes for blogging I think....

8/14/2005 04:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home