Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why?

Why is it that when you have a horrible head cold & your doctor has told you that you need complete rest for 2 days, your management ultimately refuses to accept that?

Why do they let you have about 2 hrs of the first day of rest & then start hounding you with phone calls about how you absolutely must come in?

Why - when you finally give in & go the office - do you then find that no one wants to be in the same room with you because they're afraid of catching what you so clearly have a bad case of?

Why - oh why - is it that they WILL make you come in so they can all then treat you like an outcast?

Why aren't I in bed where I belong?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lubna said...

Lou,
You should've stayed home and ignored them. I hope you feel better soon:)

12/19/2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Why shouldnt you simply not go to work? Do you care for your work more than your health?
Do you believe in iirreplaceable ppl? Yeah I was the same in my previous audit firm, I was willing to go to work even with the fever, was thinking that the project will collapse without me. I really loved my work. In my present job, I don’t bother myself, I took a sick leave just after my vacation, because I am sick, regardless its year end, quarter close, month end very important days for us, accountants.

Sometimes you need to change your priorities, but we all know that there is nothing more valuable than health. And if “your management ultimately refuses to accept that” may be its time to think about finding another job, since you wont go far with such management. They only value when you are healthy and bring them money. If I were you, I would go home, taking into account they already seen how bad you feel.

Take a good care of yourself

Puppy.

12/19/2006 05:33:00 PM  
Blogger Sou said...

Salmeteek ya gamela.. If I were you I would get eveil and infect everybody.. *evil grin*

12/20/2006 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home