Saturday, December 16, 2006

Limits

Something he said during a recent screaming match has got me thinking. He asked me why I got so upset over this particular incident when I usually take these things as a joke.

In reply to the inevitable question about how he would feel if he was in my place, he said that's not a good indicator because we don't generally react the same way to most things. He says he never pretended that he wasn't possessive but I keep saying am not, that I actually take it upon myself to come & tell him things like ooooh I think she has a crush on you & tease him about etc...whereas he would never do.

Well he's right. I normally find it funny when other girls try to flirt with him. More often than not I start teasing him about it & completely embarrass him because it amuses me when he gets embarrassed.

So why didn't I just laugh off the latest incident? I don't know exactly. Maybe it's the fact that he didn't get embarrassed. He gave no indication of being uncomfortable with the situation. He clearly enjoyed every minute of it. I mean, if some girl is flirting with him but I can tell he's not interested and that she's getting on his nerves & embarrassing him then there's no reason for me to be upset is there?

So what does that mean? That I only mind other women flirting with him if he enjoys it? I guess that's one way to put it.

So what are my limits?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger N said...

that is exactly what it means, you don't mind women admiring or wanting your husband, but you sure as hell mind him responding.
and you have every right to.
it would be outrageous to get mad at every girl who looked his way, it is not at all outrageous to expect him not to indulge it.

12/16/2006 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

I was surprised to read all that and upset that the issue went that far.

What i suggest and what i woulnd do, that you go to him and say "you owe me an appology for your behavior and i want it now" and after he will appology, you can start saying speaking up and saying that you didnt like his bahavior and it upseted you, and you have such and such limits, to certain limit u can turn the whole situation to a joke and sometimes you dont" i think that would be a start of a conversation and its not a good thing to run away from the problems and hide ur head in a sand.
I prefer to warn ppl close to me, that regardless i do some jokes, i personally dont get other ppl jokes and getting offended very easily, and ask dont joke to me in certain way.

So that is it, a pieace of advise from me.

Cheers and all the best

Puppy.

12/17/2006 02:38:00 AM  
Blogger Haroun el Poussah said...

ALL men like women flirting with them. It reminds them that they "still have it". That does not, however, mean they will act upon it.

Relax!

12/18/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

You have the right to feel however you feel, whether it is rational or not.

12/18/2006 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger 2B || ! 2B ® said...

with all respect; this is not fair for H :)

El-pap illi yegelak mino al ree7 sedo we estaree7 :) just agree on the rule which will make you both happy and stick with it.

Happy New Year

12/19/2006 02:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home