Saturday, November 26, 2005

Erratically

Wearing black pants, black shirt, black-rimmed glasses & a tie to work today. My hair is up, & kept back from my face with half a gallon of gel. Getting funny looks from everyone who doesn't know me well enough to tease me. At least one person failed to recognize me without the wild hair. Walked right past me. Sat in my office & watched him go all over the floor looking for me before someone pointed him back here.

My boss has a terrible cold. Spent an hour in a closed door meeting with him this morning. I wonder how good my immune system is.

My mother decided to leave on Tuesday. She's going to Morroco. She says there's still a lot to do to prepare for the wedding & we can't leave it all to my aunts & then arrive at the last moment like guests. Am still getting lots of calls & emails from Casablanca about this wedding - being asked to choose things & stuff. Everyone back home is so excited about it. We haven't had a wedding in the family in a while. And we had quite a few funerals over the last few years so everyone is happy to be out of mourning & celebrating.

Seems that my husband's mother called my parents on Thurs. It's now confirmed that all my husband's siblings, their spouses & children are going to make it. His parents too. So am going to meet the whole family for the first time. My brothers & their families are also going to be there.

Spoke to him early this morning for the first time since Thursday afternoon. Felt compelled to go into bubbly mode - acting all excited about the wedding plans. I think I fooled him actually. But why did I do that?

My next door colleague has his baby son's voice recorded on his cell & is using it as a ringtone. Been listening to it all morning.So now am having an attack of maternal hormones. I want a baby. Is there no end to the contradictions a woman's mind is capable of? Wedding plans leave me cold. Don't particularly feel like speaking to him. But I want a baby. Can I have the baby without the wedding & without speaking?

6 Comments:

Blogger Twosret said...

when is the wedding Loulou?

11/27/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Don't particularly feel like speaking to him.

Really?? I'm surprised........tab did u try to find an explanation to it??

11/27/2005 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

twosret,

"when is the wedding Loulou? "

Jan first. New Year's Day.

Rain,

"Really?? I'm surprised........tab did u try to find an explanation to it?? "

Guess am still frustrated & hurt by what he said. But I don't want to show it so it's easier to keep conversation to a minimum.

11/28/2005 03:25:00 AM  
Blogger Twosret said...

What a coincidence I will be in Fez attending a wedding on the same night. Will think of you for sure :)

11/28/2005 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Twosret,

Amazing coincidence indeed. Thought you already went to that Morrocan wedding you mentioned before. Hope you will enjoy the wedding & your visit to Morroco.:)

I'll be in eldar elbaida'a(Casablanca). We're leaving early on the second though.

11/28/2005 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Twosret said...

No the wedding didn't happen yet. I'm very excited about the wedding and visiting morocco. I have enough friends that makes me LOVE morocco and Moroccans. Mabrouk Ya Loulou, Rabana Yehaniki ya Habibiti and if I was in your area I would love to see you as a bride.

11/28/2005 09:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home