Sunday, November 13, 2005

Good Morning

With my sleeping patterns most people tend to avoid me in the early mornings if they can - except for the unfortunate souls who have to drive on my way to work. Not a morning person at all.

But for once am kind of happy with the way this one is turning out. My sister didn't get up in time to catch her school bus so I had to give her a lift this morning. Things have been getting better with her but it's been snail pace. So I was surprised when she asked if I want to come in & say hello to everyone. She goes to my old school so I know most of the people who work there. But when I did go in with her she took me along to the cafeteria first to say hello to her friends before the first period. This kid never fails to confuse me. Sometimes she's proud of me & wants to show me off to her friends & teachers & other times I feel she despises me.

For sure though my spirits lifted. Am grateful for any step forward with her. While in the cafeteria I saw my old English teacher - who is her teacher now & my heart nearly stopped. Last time I was here this teacher caught me & started complaining about my sister infront of her. I paid for that big-time. It embarrassed my sister & she took it out on me. All in all that was certainly not the sort of thing I needed this morning.

But thankfully this time the teacher only wanted to say hello. When it was time for me to leave my sister gave me another shock by kissing me goodbye & saying thanks for the lift. Can't remember the last time she did something like that of her own accord - without me initiating it. Could be only because it was infront of her friends & teachers but still I have to say it made my day.

On the way out I thought of checking on her grades. She was already in class by then. But decided against it. I do wish she would try harder at school. She needs good grades this semester or she'll have problems transferring to a good school in Casablanca. but I don't want to risk her turning against me again now by interfering in that. Am really not her mother after all. So better not to know things that might bother me if am not planning to do anything about them. Decided I'll just mind my own business.

Drove to work in a fairly good mood. Definitely worth being late for work. Had my coffee & then got down to work for 2 hrs. At 10:00 my boss came in to tell me I have a new project. Not a very big one. Should be about 2 weeks work. But the customer is in Al Ain so I'll have to drive down there a few times. Still good news though. Was getting really tired of the neverending project I was working on. The new project has been given priority so he says the old horrible project will be taken off my hands as soon as he can sort it out. First meeting with the new customer at one o'clock.

Called K. at work. Wanted to check on him. His cell was diverted to the office number & I got the receptionist. She said he had a patient with him. Bummer. Thought at least he'll get the message & he'll know I was thinking of him.

Called my friend M. - who had her baby last month & gave her my name. She and the baby are in Tunisia staying with her parents now. She was infront of the TV watching Al-Arabiya. I knew the baby wouldn't let her sleep. Somehow we managed to get into argument about Moroccan politics. A new mother & all she can think about is politics instead of telling stories about her baby. Sigh. Why don't I have any normal friends?Oh well at least she did promise to email me some new photos of the baby.

K. called immediately after I hung up on her. Well I was right to be worried. He's still down - despite my best efforts.

Me: Inta abadan mush 3ajibni hal-ayam.
Him: Tab ooleeli bas eh illy mish 3agbik wana a3gibik lilsub7.
Me: Am serious. You did your part for Shamma. Now you have to move on.
Him: It's not just her. That was the last straw. There's this apathy here that gets to you. No one cares. Doctors, lab technicians even patients. People don't show up for treatment. They disappear then come back to you ba3d kharab Malta & they expect you to fix it. It makes you think if no one cares wi kulu mkabar dimaghu tab mana kaman ashtiri dimgahi ba'a.
Me: Come on. You don't mean that.
Him: Mana khayef if I stay here yi7sali kida ana kaman. Zay elnaharda wa7id gay biy3ayat min elalam. I check the file. 8 months ago he was here & he got some temporary fillings. Maryam did it. Shoofi Maryam mishyet min imta?His next appointment was supposed to be in the same week.
Me: Ba3dain?
Him: Wala ablain. Fas mal7 wi dab. Min yomha ma7adish shafo. And it's not like he went somewhere else or anything. No. Kol 7aga zay mahiya. The temporary filling fell out wi howa kamil 3adi wi 3ayesh 7ayatu.
Me: When is your next appointment?
Him: Elmafrood dilwati.
Me: And they're late?
Him: 3adi ya3ni.
Me: Tayeb why don't you take a break?
Him: Break eh?In a few minutes law masharafsh I'll see someone from the waiting room.
Me: Tayeb mumkin bas tihadi nafsak & stop getting aggravated by little things?I've never seen you like this.
Him: I'm sorry. I know I'm not a joy to be around these days. Ma3laish ista7mileeni.
Me: Min 3iyooni.
Him: Tislam 3iyoonak ya amar.

He was smiling. Phew. At last. I could hear it in his voice. He had to go then but at least we rang off on a lighter note.

He called me again about 30 minutes later. Was in the ladies room, putting on some make-up. Suggested that he take a few days off if he doesn't feel better soon.

Him: Inti eh mish 3ayza tsafri shahr 3asal wala eh?
Me: Sure I want to but it's ok if you need your leave now. We can go on holiday anytime.
Him: La ma3laish. Law inti mish mi7ataga ana ba'a ta3ban wi3ayez arta7. Nifsi akhdik fi 7itta malkeesh feeha 7ad wala 7ad yi3rafak 3ashan afdalik kida wi tifdili wilwa7id yi3raf yirakiz.
Me: Yaslam. Inta nawi tirakiz ma3aya fi shahr el3asal bas?
Him(laughing): La mish elasd. Bas inti shayfa ayamna 3amla ezay. Inti filshugl wana filshugl. Ma bni3rafsh nishoof ba3d illa bilail. Wi 7ata di. Siyadtik bitu3udi tsalimeeli yimeen wishmal wi 3ala tool irtibatat wis7ab.
Me: Tayeb ya3ni ma asalim 3ala elnas?3aib ya 7abibi.
Him: Mumkin balash elvoice tone da 3ashan bat3ab nafseeyan?
Me: 3arfa.
Him: Yikhrib bait mayastik. Ya bit itkhashini shwiya.
Me: Mush a7san min illy inta feeh?
Him: A7san tab3an di 3ayza kalam. Bas kida mish ha3raf ashoof shugli.


Much better this time I think.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Oh my God ! I'm really happy that your relationship with ur sister is getting better...alhmdolellah..really.
On the career level ..it's getting better too even temporarily , still...greatttttttt.
As for K. yes, it's much better now, always be there for him apparently it helps him a lot :)

11/13/2005 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

I am really happy to know that you are doing fine with your sister. yalla edrabi 3ala el 7adid we howa so.7n, try to do something tonight to impress her, maybe take her to a movie or so:))

As for K, I am glad that he is better, I really laughed when I read your last paragraph, but you never hinted that you are "maysa", its a trait that you were hiding from us, hehehe

Good luck dear,

11/13/2005 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Good to know things are shaping up a little with your sis !!! I second Wonderer on "edrabi 3ala el 7adid we howa so.7n" ....

"Yikhrib bait mayastik. Ya bit itkhashini shwiya."

This part had me practically laughing out loud !!!!
mashAllah ya Loul ...you seem to be able to really lift his mood...dayman keda ya gameel :-)

11/13/2005 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Your sister sounds cute! And it is normal, this behavior, to some point! But I am sure she is always proud of you and that se always loves you, even when she's upset with you!

As for your talk with K, the part that I got to understand sound so nice, I don't know, there's something in how you people act when talking or just being with eachother! Hmm, LOVE...:)

11/13/2005 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger roora said...

great that your relation is improved ! really weird the kissing thing to be something not used to ! Actually hsowing your feeling by displaying it " telling your sis that you love her or kissing her " all comes by practice, maybe you guys are nt used to hw how much you care baout ecah other that is why you feel the relation is not that close/

11/14/2005 01:16:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Rain,

"Oh my God ! I'm really happy that your relationship with ur sister is getting better...alhmdolellah"

Yes El7amdullilah for sure. Am really happy.:)

Wonderer,

"yalla edrabi 3ala el 7adid we howa so.7n, try to do something tonight to impress her, maybe take her to a movie or so:))"

I did it!Took her to see Boo7a. I hate it myself but it was her choice.

"but you never hinted that you are "maysa""

Well several sources tell me I am.:) Can't decide yet if that's a good thing or not.

Meme,

"This part had me practically laughing out loud !!!!"

Me too. The cutest thing about him is that he makes me laugh sometimes even when he's upset.

Once before we were married we went out together & ran into some guys I know from work. And they stood there talking forever. He didn't like them at all. And I could tell he was really pissed off. But when I asked him if he was upset he told me wana mal ahli ana?Howa ana mitgawizik?

Which cracked me up like you wouldn't believe. And he was even more pissed off because I was laughing and he didn't think he said anything funny. He said howa ana kol makalimik hatid7aki?

Which was even more hilarious to me!

Am really curious what he'll say now if the same thing happens.:)

Kayla!

Nice to see you back on the scene. How are you?Yes my sister was cute today.

K is just the best thing that ever happened to me. When things are right between me & him, even when we are not together I sit around smiling to myself over our conversations. No one else makes me this happy on a daily basis.

This is why you find me going frantic when he's mad at me. He withdraws himself & completely shuts me out. And it's like this calming, joyful presence in my life is suddenly not there anymore. And after I got so addicted to it I feel this horrible gap. No one else can fill it.

Just hope I'll always make him happy so he'll never be sorry he chose me.

Roora,

I hope you're back to stay on the blogosphere this time after your Omra. You've been missed.:)

My sister & I used to hug & kiss all the time when she was little but in recent years things changed. It became more difficult to show affection & she stopped running to me to cuddle her all the time the way she did when she was little. I still tried and usually when I would hug her or kiss her she would let me but she wouldn't start it herself.So today was really nice el7amdullilah because I've been missing it so much. I know she thinks she's all grown up but she's still my baby sister.:)

11/14/2005 02:04:00 AM  
Blogger Nightlegend said...

That's great improvement with your sister ,insha2alah more to happen soon.

I liked your way at the end of telephone's conversation with your husband when you successfully made him smile and his mood became better ,nice loulou!

11/15/2005 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Nightlegend,

Thanks for your comment. I am doing my best to make everyone happy - my sister & my husband included. Nice to see it working sometimes.:)

11/15/2005 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home