Sunday, October 02, 2005

Good News

Mom says I passed all the tests. Passed some of them twice.
It is just a severe migraine. There's an inflammation of some nerves & soft tissue in my shoulder. They say it might have been caused by a local injury or a virus, a toxin acting on the nerves(like tar or nicotine) or possibly the migraine itself. But no permanent damage. Apparently it is responding well to anti-inflammatory drugs - even if it is taking its time about it. I still feel pins & needles but only in the back of my upper arm but thank God it is much better.

No diabetes. No muscle or spinal damage. No brain tumor. No multiple sclerosis. And no stroke. Not even pernicious anemia. El7amdullilah.

The bad news is I probably can't afford many more such migraines. This time there was no permanent damage. But the idea that they can cause nerve damage is scary. I can't remember injuring myself but I really hope that is the reason. Or the virus. Just not the migraine. They can't be sure of the cause though. And so I can't be sure it won't happen again.

If nothing else at least this crisis has improved my medical info in leaps and bounds. So I'll be back at work tomorrow. And what do I miss most after a week of being stuck at home in bed? Driving. I miss my car. Am off for a long, long drive.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Charisma said...

congrats lou.
el7amdolelah everything turned out fine.

10/02/2005 09:18:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Thank you both. Ramadan Kareem.

10/02/2005 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Sorry to hear about your migraines--I used to get them all the time and it is miserable. I'm glad that there is no permanent damage. Good health to you.

10/02/2005 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger roora said...

hamdellah 3la samlamtek :)

10/03/2005 01:46:00 AM  
Blogger zoss said...

7amdella!

10/03/2005 06:55:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

El7amdulilah you're fine ya gamila ..7amdella 3ala salmatek... shofti ezzay enti "zay el7usan aho" K was right ;-)

10/03/2005 09:16:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Thanks everyone. Allah yisalimkum.

Jane am glad if you're not getting migraines anymore. I hope not anyway.

Meme yes I guess K was right. I love some of the expressions he uses btw. They make me feel like am living in a musalsal 3arabi. Never knew that people actually talk like that in real life.

10/03/2005 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

LOL !! Yes Loulou, many Egyptian guys use funny "musalsal 3arabi" phrases in real life... but I must say that K is dammo khafeef .. Rabena yehaneekom isA

10/04/2005 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

"Yes Loulou, many Egyptian guys use funny "musalsal 3arabi" phrases in real life... "

I have Egyptian friends of course but the sad thing about growing up in UAE is that we don't really speak our dialects most of the time - only at home. Because we're all from different places we usually either speak some formal, watered down version of our local dialect to make sure everyone understands or we just stick to English. My friends and I speak English or French most of the time even though we're all Arabs.

Maybe this is why the way K. speaks seems different to me. I have one Syrian friend who speaks 'authentic' Syrian dialect if you upset her. I find it very cute when does that too:) I end up borrowing so many words & expressions from her because I like them so much. Too bad they're all insults:) Syrian rad7.

A couple of years ago I went to Beirut with my father & we actually couldn't understand a lot of what people there would say. We were shocked because we thought we were used to Lebanese people. So many of them here. But they don't talk to us the way people talk in Lebanon I guess.

10/05/2005 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

.. tell u a secret ... I sorta like Syrian rad7 too !!! :-D

10/08/2005 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger Twosret said...

Alf Salama Loulou I sure missed a lot.

10/09/2005 09:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home