Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Migraine

Woke up yesterday with the mother of all migraines. Was lying there for 2 hrs, eyes closed, not wanting to move. Even turning my head hurt. The right half of my head felt like someone was squeezing it with some metal implement while simultaneously shining a huge flashlight right into my right eye. But what scared me was the numbness in my right shoulder & right arm. Had migraines before but that was new.

Was aware on some level that if I don't get up, eat something & take some medication I wasn't going to feel any better but had no will to move. Or to even open my eyes.

My phone kept ringing. My office calling a couple of times. Then K. who stopped by my office to see me & was told I didn't come in yet. Then my friend M. who is a colleague. For some reason the constant ringing made me cry.

Finally summoned up enough energy to sit up & pick up my phone. Called the only person I really wanted to see then. My mother. Yeah I wanted my Mommy. So shoot me.

Of course I scared her to death. Must have sounded awful. Hung up & got up to unlock my door. I knew she'd be home soon. Then I went back to bed & fell asleep.

Was woken up to being examined by my Mom. Heard her sighing & lecturing about how she was wondering when this would happen given the way I never get any rest & didn't she tell me one million times etc.....My phone was ringing again & my Mom answered. Heard her talking to K. telling him that I was very sick & needed to stay in bed & be quiet for a couple of days. She didn't actually say he was to blame but you could hear it in her tone. Poor K. That must have been really uncomfortable.

She asked me if I called my office. I said no. So she dialled the number & made me tell them I'm sick & I'll be out for 3 days. Then she switched it off & put it in her pocket.

Made me smile a bit. My mom never confiscated my cellphone before.

So here I am - not allowed out of bed, not allowed any phonecalls. Was actually drugged & sleeping most of the time. Not allowed near my pc - except when my Mom isn't looking. She actually took the rest of yesterday off from work to babysit me & I know that's not a joke for her. Today she had to go to work but I still didn't get my cellphone back. She's convinced that if I talk to K or to my friends they'll make me go out.

My head feels a lot better today but I know that's only because am taking painkillers every 4 hrs. And am not so nauseous so I can take pills instead of injections.

K came back by last night to see me & my Mom didn't object although he says he has a feeling he's still in her bad books & I have a feeling he's probably right. Dad was nice to him though. M. & D. also came by & told me they'd been calling & speaking to my parents to ask how I am but they didn't dare to ask to speak to me. What can I say?My Mom can be really intimidating.

Even my sister is being nice to me. This morning she brought me breakfast in bed before she left for school.

Mom keeps calling on the fixed line to check on me. She's really worried I'll go out in the sun.

I think she's worried about the numbness in my right arm & shoulder too. We're going to get some tests done today.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Charisma said...

salamtek loul!
hope the test resutls turn out perfect insha'allah.

9/28/2005 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Thanks Chari:)

I have to admit that am a worried & a bit of a hypochondriac. I mean if my sister is being nice to me my Mom must have told her am dying or something.

Trying not to panic though:)Well only a little bit.

9/29/2005 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger zoss said...

salamtik loulou; all good karmic energies directed towards you this weekend -- may you be well.

9/29/2005 04:15:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Hope you get better as soon as possible, Lou! As for your mom, she's acting as any other mom would...Been there, had this horrible migraines, but only for about 24 hours. The thing is mine are somehow caused by my stomach, really complicated issue, and no drugs work...Thank God, I haven't had any in several months.

And don't worry about K, your mom will forgive him! :)

9/29/2005 05:01:00 AM  
Blogger haal said...

Get well soon. No serious illness. Just lack of sleep and tension. Let us know what is up with this righs side numbness. Nothing serious I am sure. Stress only.

9/29/2005 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger doshar said...

salamtek ya loulou. this is the way your body is telling you "er7ameeny, i am so tired".

mamtek laziza, she reminds me of mine :)

9/29/2005 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Digital Writing said...

i had the same headche for two days, yesterday and a day before. And I'm contantly waking up withe my right or left shoulder aching. I don't want to do tests cause I don't want a smart doctor to tell me how many days I'm left with.

K. should give ou the phone back.

9/29/2005 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Alf Salama 3aleiki ya Loulou... isA the test results show nothing serious.. khale ballek men nafsek :-)

9/29/2005 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

George,

Hope your headache improves soon. If you feel aching in your shoulder you're fine I think. It's the loss of sensation that is scary.

K doesn't have my phone. My Mom does. She doesn't want to let anyone near me.

9/29/2005 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Around, Zoss, me, doshar, haal,

Thank you all for the good wishes & prayers.

9/29/2005 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mohamed said...

So that's why you haven't been answering your cell. Pick up!

9/29/2005 05:59:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

mohamed,

Got my cellphone back. Picking up now:)

9/30/2005 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home