Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a boy:)

I knew it!I knew it! I knew it!

And everybody told me I was crazy.

We found out today. None of that waiting to be surprised stuff for me. I want to know as much as I can about my baby, as soon as I can. Every little piece of information makes him feel a little closer.

Funny I should worry about closeness when he is inside me, isn't it? He'll probably never be as close to me in his life as he is now.

But still I can't wait to see him, to get to know him, to hold him.

And God it feels good to finally be able to say him without qualification. He's a real person already, with a gender and everything.

I literally live for the scans - and his movements. I can't call them kicks because it doesn't feel like he's kicking me. It just feels like he's turning over to get comfortable. Maybe I am being fanciful but I think I can actually feel hands and elbows as well as feet now.

I wish I could get a scan everyday. Or more than one a day. I just have this need to see him. Only - indulgent though she maybe - I don't think my doctor would go along with that.

K is out of town tonight. He will be back tomorrow night. He had to leave the country to get a new visit visa. He's been illegal for over a week now with every day costing us money which could be better-spent elsewhere. But we've been going through this weird Siamese twins phase where 24 hrs seem like too long to not be together. So we just kept delaying his flight day after day until we finally managed to get him on that plane tonight.

I miss him tonight.

But am so excited about this latest discovery.

So to recap. I have a husband who is not only out of work - but who has also been an illegal alien for the last week or so. And I am about to quit my job. And I am 7 months pregnant.

It's quite likely our son will come into the world to find BOTH his parents out of work. What are the chances we will one day send this kid to Harvard?

And I can't remember when I've been happier in my entire life than I am today.

So I guess insanity is a common symptom of pregnancy huh?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger programmer craig said...

It's quite likely our son will come into the world to find BOTH his parents out of work. What are the chances we will one day send this kid to Harvard?

Unemployment is only a temporary condition! I'm so happy for you, LouLou :)

1/20/2009 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger Puppy said...

oh oh ohhhh THAT IS GREAT, congratulations!!! I was wondering lately what was the results :)

What about visa to Sweden?

7m means that u r having a baby in UAE right?

Anyways all for the best, 2009 will bring lots of joy to you and K, inshallah!

Congratulations!

Puppy.

1/20/2009 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Negative Girl said...

awhh congratulations :)

1/20/2009 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Chamak said...

That is great!!!! MABROOOOOOK!!!!
zed

1/20/2009 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Me ® said...

i was sooo happy and excited for you when i read the post's title :D

mabroook o allah ytammem 3ala kheir o t2oomi enti weyya bel salameh inshallah :)

1/21/2009 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Queen said...

You sound so happy! I'm so very glad for you. Little boys are so sweet!

I was sure that I was able to tell when it was his leg or elbow or even HEAD when I was pregnant.

1/21/2009 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger Lubna said...

Hey sweetie,
Although I haven't been posting or commenting, I have never missed an entry of yours. Somehow, this post has prompted me to comment; I think it's the overwhelming happiness I feel with every word I read:) I am sooooo happy for you - May God bless you and yours, always.

1/21/2009 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

mabrook..boys r great i just had my 3rd and could not be happier ...babies r too cute...

1/21/2009 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

CONGRATS!!!!! He's going to be a lucky, lucky boy!1

1/21/2009 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

you'll love having a boy!! congratulations my dear!! i'm very happy for both of you!

and, yes, insanity is normal ;)

2/10/2009 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home