Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Offended

Today in a conversation with a new colleague, he tells me that my manager once complained to him that I walk into his office and interrupt when he's in the middle of something else too often.

I am so angry and embarrassed. I can't think of any justification for why if this was true, my manager couldn't just have told me, why he would go and talk about me to someone else behind my back this way.

And it's not like I ever walk in on him because I'm bored and want to have a chat. It's only when something urgent needs his input. When I'm given a job, it's my nature to follow up and push it along every step of the way until it gets done. I thought that was supposed to be a good thing.

And now, unless he calls or invites me to, I am never going to feel comfortable going into his office again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

How very unprofessional of him.

9/24/2008 05:12:00 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

i agree.

9/28/2008 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Wael Eskandar said...

I think it's a testimony to you doing your job right.

9/29/2008 03:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home