1) I don't know if it counts as morning sickness but for a week now, I've been getting up in the morning feeling very nauseous. Haven't actually been sick or anything - and it seems to go away as soon as I get up and start moving around a bit.
Have also noticed that it seems to return if I lie on my stomach or bend forward too fast.
2) I feel dizzy a lot - especially in the mornings. So much that a couple of times I've opted for a cab instead of driving my car to work. And I have really bad memories with cabs. Didn't appreciate the reminder of what happened last time I had to take a cab.:(
3) The nausea might have something to do with it but I've lost the appetite I had after I first found out. I can't seem to make myself eat much. I break my fast on water, a couple of dates, followed by soup and then coffee. Later in the evening I force myself to have salads or fruits and drink juice. Can't drink water anymore. It makes me sick.
If I order food, I only seem to manage a couple of bites.
My doctor wants me to stop fasting. She says I am a bit anaemic and dehydrated. I haven't done it yet because am not sure not fasting will help my appetite and it would feel too weird to miss 2 whole weeks of Ramadan. Have never done that in my life before.
So I've been faithfully taking my vitamins after Iftar and trying to force feed myself lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of fresh fruit juice to compensate for water.
I am waiting for my next appointment. If the doctor is still of the same opinion then I guess I will stop fasting. Really hope I don't have to, though.:(
4) The sleeping sickness is gone. Am back on a maximum of 4 hrs a night - usually interrupted by frequent nightmares. The Return of The Insomniac. Which is sad because I've been so grateful for the effect all that extra sleep was having on my skin. No facial or regime of skincare has ever given me the skin I've had for the last month or so. Now the dark circles and puffy eyes that have been my trademark for so long are back with a vengeance.
5) My chest is definitely bigger now.
6) Have been experiencing pain in my calves if I stand for too long. And I noticed it makes the veins in my legs and feet stand out. Not very attractive when your skin is as pale as mine. It really shows. I just hope that permanent varicose veins is not a symptom of pregnancy.
7) No moodiness yet. Still riding that initial high.
My mother's been telling me that she never had symptoms either until 6 months or so into her pregnancies. Neither have her sisters. So it looks like no symptoms kind of runs in my mother's family. And by their standards I am in week 11 and I do have symptoms of sorts so I guess I am doing ok.:)