Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sick

One of those days. Phone rang & woke me up this morning at 5:30am. Was kind of confused at first. Thought it was the alarm. But then I realized my alarm isn't supposed to go off for another hour. So it was the phone. My boss. He wants me to come in early today. At 6:30 instead of 7:30. It's fine for him. I mean he goes to bed everyday at 8:00pm.

Just because am going on leave doesn't mean they have to do this to me. Am already working late everyday. And taking work home.

Had my silent whine & then I got up anyway. Showered & changed & then I went into the kitchen for a glass of water. Don't usually have water on empty stomach. But I was feeling hot & thirsty. And I was feeling so sick. The water made it worse. Couldn't finish the glass. Felt like I was going to throw up. No time so I just put it down & rushed out.

The car made it even worse. Some kind of motion-sickness. Had to stop more than once on the way. But I made it on time. My boss was in his office but I couldn't face him without coffee. Was not awake yet. Went to the coffee room & made myself coffee. And again it made me even more sick. Everything was making me sick today. But at least it woke me up.

At 8:00 o'clock the teaboy brought my usual morning coffee to my office. Without thinking I started sipping it. It took about 2 sips & that was it. Just made it to the bathroom. Threw up all the water & coffee.

Went back to work. It's crazy at work these days. At around 10 I realized it was useless. I wasn't going to able to concentrate. Just couldn't ignore the sickness anymore. Decided am going to go to the hospital & get an injection for nausea or something. Couldn't face the thought of swallowing pills or I would have just bought Motilium.

Mistake. Big mistake. It's the hospital where my mother used to work. And there was someone else in her office. They already replaced her. It was so sad. Am never going back to this place ever again.

People were nice. Everyone asked about Mom. But I was angry with all of them for some reason. Stupid really. I mean they haven't done anything. But there you have it.

Of course they wouldn't just give me the injections without tests. Which pissed me off even more because I had no time. And then I had to see the doctor who replaced my Mom. He said it was a viral infection. Felt like a traitor taking the prescription from him. But at least I got the injection.

Still feeling sick though. And I want my mother. I don't trust any other doctor. What if they poisoned me?What if am dying slowly of some long-term toxin?Called my Mom & told her what happened. She said the only long-term toxin I was likely to die slowly of was nicotine if I don't stop smoking. She thinks it's a viral infection too. She said there's usually quite a lot of them around this time of the year. Change of climate or something.

Mom is too busy with the wedding to worry about my health. And now I've got to get back to work.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Twosret said...

I came to your blog to follow up on the wedding plans and was thinking I won't find any updates because you are gone already or something.

I came to wish you Mabrooks and joy and happiness to find this crapy post.

Listen ya 3arousa Loulou, your boss is such an insensitive SOB and you need to set your boundries. This is insane! take it easy and look after yourself sweetie and forget about work a bit.

Sleep well and get some rest and take care of your health. Trust your doctors ya benti shewia :)

Happy Days ahead in the New Year InshAllah and I'm sure you will be a lovely bride.

Much love from the State of Missouri here and Mabrouk and BIG Zaghrouta.

12/18/2005 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

It sounds like you are miserable...hope you are feeling healthy soon. Take care and get lots of rest.

12/18/2005 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Charisma said...

Salamtek Ya lou!
take care of yourself dear, you should be at your best these days!

hope you feel well soon!

12/18/2005 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

Your post gave me these mixed feeling.

At the begining I was angry at your boss and wondering why do you have to accept this sh*t from him.

Then I came to the part of the hospital where they replaced your mum. I felt very sore and uncomfortable.

Then I came to the part where you talked about your viral infection and I wanted to say alf salama, you have to take care of yourself. You need to shine on your day. The last thing we need is black ring around your eyes:)

12/18/2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

twosret,

"I came to your blog to follow up on the wedding plans and was thinking I won't find any updates because you are gone already or something."

No am still here. I have 4 weeks off. And he only has 3. The idea was that we'd work as late as possible before the wedding so we'd have more time off together afterwards. Still not sure if I'll be coming back with him or if I'll spend the extra week with my parents in Casablanca since I probably won't see them for another year. We'll see.

The only thing that is worrying me about arriving only a couple of days before the wedding is that my dress has already been shipped over there. I've lost weight & am worried that it won't fit anymore. If it needs alteration there will be no time. It will be New Year's & a holiday & everything will be closed. Moroccans are really big on holidays.

"I came to wish you Mabrooks and joy and happiness to find this crapy post."

Thank you. You are sweet. And my boss is and has always been an insensitive SOB. It's always like this when am going on leave. He has to make me pay for it.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Fez. You must tell me all about it when we get back.

Jane,

Thank you. Don't know if more rest is an option these days but I'll do my best.

Rehaam,

Am not used to going for treatment to anyone other than Mom - except the dentist. And now I married a dentist.:)

You're right. It is hard to trust a complete stranger with your health.

Chari,

Allah yisalimik. Thank you.

Wonderer,

"Your post gave me these mixed feeling."

Looks like you shared all my feelings from beginning to end.:)

12/19/2005 02:08:00 AM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Salamat Ya lou,
hope you're fine now & on the wedding day

12/19/2005 03:37:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Salamtek Loulou .

12/19/2005 04:44:00 AM  
Blogger tota said...

salamtik ya Loulou ...
so ow much is still left in that work to be done Loulou ? 5 % keda ?
i think the day of ur wedding & the day before it at least should be a vacation ;)
take care of ur helth :)

12/19/2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger MoonLightShadow said...

Salamtek ya Loulou. Take care of yourself.. and wish you the best on your wedding day :)

12/19/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Thanks everyone. Allah yisalimkum jamee3an yarabi. Am much better now el7amdullilah.

Tota,

"i think the day of ur wedding & the day before it at least should be a vacation ;)"

My last working day will be on the 27th. We're leaving on the 28th. So 3 days before the wedding ISA.:)

One more week but I expect it will be crazy. In my company the practice is that no one goes on leave for more than 2 weeks at a time unless it's a strong reason like maternity leave or an illness or something. Getting married is a strong reason too which is why they let me have a month. But I have to finish my projects. Can't leave them for someone else who wasn't involved from the beginning. That creates confusion & delays. And delays cost the firm a lot of money. Besides we're short of staff & everyone else already has a full workload. In a way it's my fault because I wasn't working as hard as I should over the last couple of months so I fell behind schedule. If I was working then as hard as now I would be finished. But too many out-of-the-office distractions. Too much procrastination. Am paying for it now.

Trying to catch up now & ISA one more week should be enough. Just wish me luck.:)

12/20/2005 01:49:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Good to hear you're better now Loul... and isA you'll finish your work on time ya gameel .. don't you worry :-)

"I don't trust any other doctor."

LOL!! Neither of my parents are doctors... so we don't really have this "3o2da" ;-P but I sort of had the same experience once ... a few months ago I had a horrible "breakout" on my lower cheeks...and I wouldn't let anyone get anywhere near my face other than my uncle who.. luckily happens to be a dermatologist :-D el7amdulilah my face has cleared now ... but it amuses me when I remember refusing to go to anyone other than him...

PS. Your boss sucks :-(

12/21/2005 01:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home