My Personal Hate Hate Hate List
1) Clients who micro-manage: Why do people hire consultants at exoibrant rates only to refuse to listen to them and insist on deciding even the most insignificant detail themselves even when they plainly don't know what they're talking about??!!!
2) Dirty old men: Enough said.
3) People who ask you to do them a favor and then when you do it, never bother to say thanks but instead start criticizing how you went about it. The question that springs to mind is if they can do it better than why ask you? Do they think you've got nothing better to do than solve their problems?
4) Women who only pretend to be your friend so they can flirt with your husband and then have the nerve to lecture you about things like your ankles showing while you're praying or the fact that you hold your fork in your left hand.
5) People who offer unsolicited pity and compassion because you've been married for over a year and you still don't have kids. And people who ask you everyday if you're not pregnant.
6) Uncomfortable shoes that look good but maim your feet when you wear them.
7) People who persistently direct profanities at you even after you've made it clear you don't find this charming or funny and even though you never use that kind of language to them. Which part of I find this offensive is so obscure and difficult to grasp?
8) Having to wear contacts on tired, red, inflamed eyes because you can't see enough to do any work otherwise. Why can't I find the perfect pair of glasses? And why do I have a mental block against being seen in glasses?
9) People who double-park. And people who insist on parking their cars so close to yours that you can't open your driver's door - or get in if you manage to open it - and you wind up having to crawl in through the passenger's door. I HATE HATE HATE bad parkers!
10) People who won't stop trying to bribe you. Don't they realize that if you were corrupt you'd have jumped at the first hint rather than wait for the 155th? Am I the only one who finds the constant suggestion that I am cheap/corrupt/dishonest insulting?
Corruption is so mainstream here that such people actually expect YOU to be tactful to THEM for fear you might hurt their sensitive feelings by refusing to accept a bribe from them!