Friday, February 09, 2007

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

Tagged by Om Luji. Thanks a lot!

1) I fast a lot. Because I use the expression 'Oqsim billah' (I swear by Allah) without thinking a lot - especially when am angry. And then when I think about it, I find I've sworn by Allah I'll do something I can't do. So I have to fast 3 days to make up for it.

Recently, a friend has told me a woman needs her husband's permission to fast if it's not Ramadan. If so, then I'm a great sinner because I never thought to discuss it with him. I don't think he even noticed because he comes home from work long after Magreb(sundown).

2) Twice, when my husband was buying presents for my evil sister-in-law, her husband or her children, I watched him buy all the wrong things and wrong sizes. He's a terrible shopper. And I kept my mouth firmly shut.

3) I am very claustrophobic. I hate elevators so much that I take the stairs whenever I can. When I can't, I break into a cold sweat. I'm incapable of having a conversation in the lift because I can't stop worrying it will get stuck and I'll never get out.

I cannot sleep in a room which doesn't have large glass windows or a balcony. Same for my office. Or sit anywhere other than by the window on trains, planes etc....

If I am in an enclosed space, I have to at least be able to see outside from the window.

4) I am so soft-spoken that people often complain they can't hear me. Conversely, I have the most loud obnoxious laugh you ever heard. The contrast always startles people.

I am tagging:
1) Alina
2) Puppy
3) Kareem
4) 2B||!2B®
5) Carmen
6) Forsooth
7) Tooners
8) Hal
9) Highlander
10)Zed

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Sou said...

I love your answers I just been tagged with the same tag probably my answers would not be as fun as yours.. However do have mercy on your husband and tell him about his wrong things in shopping..

2/10/2007 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Hi LouLou,

Now we know a bit more about you :)

Thank you for tagging me, i wrote 5 things about me in my blog. You are welcome to read.

Have a nice day

Puppy.

2/10/2007 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger tota said...

unordinary and sweet as u always r Loulou

2/10/2007 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Rambling Hal said...

Habibti you tagged me! I've already done this one coz I got sick of waiting for someone to tag me so I tagged myself!! :)

But this thing about a woman needing her husband's permission to fast it ridiculous, no offense really! But seriously, who comes UP with this stuff?? Aakkhh, so frustrating!

2/11/2007 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Chamak said...

Flattered to be tagged by you, Lou! Will work on a list.
Out of curiousity, what happened to K's receptionist?

2/12/2007 03:34:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

Lou, thank you for the tag. But I have already taken it: http://wordsofabrokenmirror.blogspot.com/2007/01/tell-me-your-secrets.html

You are my hero for not saying anything about his shopping mistakes :P

2/12/2007 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Om Luji said...

Nice list, Loulou.

I didn't mention in my list that I am insectophobic. So I really understand what you suffer in closed places. I also break into this cold sweet and feel like my heart had stopped beating every time I see an insect.

I certainly enjoyed reading your answers.

2/12/2007 05:33:00 PM  
Blogger Muslimah said...

LouLou,
What do u say abt this?

Allah also says: “O ye who believe, when there come to you believing women refugees, examine(and test) them : Allah knows best as to their faith: if ye ascertain that they are believers, then send them not back to the unbelievers, They are not lawful(wives) for the unbelievers, nor are the (unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them”. [Sûrah al-Mumtahanah (60): 10]
This verse is general for all those who do not believe in Islam.

2/12/2007 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Muslimah is just running around quoting the same thing on every blog now. Muslimah, I answered you on my blog but don't you think you should just grow up already? You're like a little kid always trying to pick a fight. (Next time you quote something from the Quran, though, I suggest you quote the entire verse and not just the bits and pieces you feel advance your cause.)

Loulou, you've done more than your share answering to people like Muslimah. We've got a behavioral modification technique we try to use in class when one of our students starts acting out...it's called IGNORING the undesired behavior and rewarding desired behavior so that it may continue to be repeated.

In either case, I came to comment only to be surprised by the regurgitating commentator.

Nice answers! I'll try to compile a list that doesn't reveal TOO much about myself!!

2/13/2007 02:18:00 AM  
Blogger Highlander said...

You have the most amazing answers Loulou...Thank you for tagging me I will work on that shortly. By the way I've been reading your blog , just being silent lately ...

2/15/2007 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Herlock Sholmes said...

Being claustrophobe is hell when on a plane. I know!!

2/16/2007 08:57:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Zed,

the receptionist stayed with us for 3 days. Then we helped her move into her new place. She'll be fine now.

Thanks for asking about her.

2/17/2007 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger KareemFromEgypt said...

thanks LouLou

Done :)

2/19/2007 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home