Thursday, January 18, 2007

Out Riding

behind him on that motorcycle last night. That had to be the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. Those things are so fast & so exposed I can't believe they're actually legal.

Last night has given me a whole new perspective on mortality - mine & his.

It's so frightening that this is his idea of a hobby. Why can't he just do something basic & male like drink beer & watch sports? Ok maybe not the beer.

Having a biker husband sucks. What kind of luck is this? I hadn't even realized you could have Egyptian dentist bikers. I mean, he wears no jewellery, sports no tattoos, his hair is not long, shaggy, dirty-blond or worn in a pony-tail. He's done more graduate school than I ever dreamed of doing & his ambition in life is to do more. Which makes him a boring academic, like he keeps saying.

And what is my boring academic doing speeding like a lunatic on a stupid motorcycle? That's not what I bargained for, damn it!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Scarr said...

lol Egyptian dentist bikers.

Riding pillion is exhilarating, but I remember once doing so on the motorway which circles Paris, at 80 miles per hour, and wanting to cry but not being able to because of the G-force on my face.

1/18/2007 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

I can sympathize. I have an extremely logical, sensible, rational guy who loves his motorcycle almost as much as he loves his kids. I used to like riding but haven't since I had kids. I don't know if I would enjoy it anymore.

1/18/2007 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger the lonely twin said...

U are so lucky... I wish would get married to a biker... I beg my parents to get me a motorbike... You have no idea how lucky you are

1/19/2007 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

oooooh, i love to ride behind my husband on the motorcycle. it's so freeing. i love to feel the rush of wind in my hair... that feeling of being free from everything. i miss that terribly - we had one in the States but not here. i long for the day to have another... to get on and ride like there's no tomorrow. :)

1/23/2007 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home