Thursday, January 25, 2007

Men!

Following what had to be the worst night so far, I finally tire of my newfound role as emotional punchbag/doormat/crutch, harden my heart & decide ok that's it, am going to work in the morning & he can take care of himself - or not. I tell myself from now on, it's all up to him, that I've done what I can. I stifle all twinges of conscience & the little voice inside my head that kept whining "But he's my baby. But he's sick etc......"

This morning as I was getting ready for the office, I thought I heard good morning. Couldn't be sure though because it was said very softly & when I turned to look at him, he seemed to be asleep. Besides, I told myself, for several days, he's been ignoring my good mornings so even if he did say it that was his tough luck, it was my turn to ignore him, right?

Then - at the office - just as I was finishing my second cup of coffee, I get this SMS:

"Elnas btrod 3ala sba7 elkhair be ay sba7...sba7 el3asl masalan, sba7 elfol, bosa, itnain, talata. Kida ya3ni. Mish biltanfeed ya basha. Wala eh?"

(People usually respond to good morning with good morning(or words to the same effect). With a kiss or 2 or 3. Something like that. Not with silence. Don't you think?)

Ok, the man is clearly resolved to drive me insane!

For 3 days, I am literally at his feet, giving him all my time & attention, treating him like royalty, getting him what he wants before he even thinks of it and how does he respond? He acts like he can't stand me.

Then the minute I leave him alone, he's suddenly all jokey & flirty & begging for my attention?

Please, please tell me that I am not supposed to play hard to get with my own husband! Oh please!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Um Naief said...

i think you hit the nail on the head - playing hard to get is what he responds to. he probably doesn't even remember ignoring your good mornings, because all the focus has been on him and only him... i say, let him suffer a bit.

have you been treating him like royalty... let him suffer a bit, it won't kill him.

1/25/2007 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger PH said...

I think he is getting better and trying to make up, because he feels bad about how he treated you when he was sick.

The reason he was like that when he was sick, for a guy, is that he doesn't want you to see him in a weak state and he probably was in too much pain to realize how mean he was.

You might want to play hard to get, to make him feel worse about it or teach him a lesson, but don't push him to much it might cause an opposite effect and lead to a fight ( man view ).

1/25/2007 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Smarterthanyou said...

Hint: He's a man, or is in theory. Don't stay home for him unless he has a high fever or is post-operative. Babying him should make him feel like a sissy if he is normal, so don't. Most men would get quiet (to avoid hurting you worse) or irritated at being treated like a baby.

If babying him doesn't make him feel like a sissy, then you screwed up when you married him, the best you can do is still don't baby him.

Don't play games to teach him a lesson. Women over-read men wayyy too much, and men tend to under-read women. Just pretend he is a returning Marine, and tough as nails. Maybe by doing this you he can toughen up and feel good about it.

1/25/2007 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger 2B || ! 2B ® said...

el ragel walla ma 2assar :) el nas mouta7amelyeen 3alih lih! kan ta3ban we ibtada yet7asen, thx to god :)

we ba3din ta3ali hina; ya3ni inty konty bete3mili da kolo 3alshan mestaneya reward! inty bete3mili kol da al mafroud 3alshan bet7ebeeh...and if so: remember "love endures in all things"

enjoy ur love :) we salamto alf sallama :)

1/25/2007 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Chamak said...

Bah! Men - so many contradictions!

1/26/2007 01:43:00 AM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Mr. Smarterthanyou offers good advice, LouLou. Most guys don't want to be "looked after" when they aren't feeling well. They want to crawl into a cave by themselves where they can be as grouchy and as foul tempered as they ant in peace, until they feel better.

1/26/2007 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

I don't think it's hard to get that you need to be playing. But yes, instead of mothering him, maybe it's best to leave him be and mind your work and daily affairs. When you then get home and take care of him, he responds differently.

1/26/2007 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home