Monday, September 25, 2006

Ramadan Kareem

Fasting is so much easier this year because am not a chain smoker anymore. I had the caffeine withdrawal symptoms the first couple of days but they faded. I just make sure I have a cup of coffee for my suhoor and am fine.

In the past few years I would find it so difficult to be productive on Ramadan mornings. Now I see that most of that was actually nicotine withdrawal. I haven't stopped smoking completely. I had a couple of cigarettes after iftar on the first day. And I do smoke sheesha occasionally. But I am no longer a nicotine addict. I no longer need it everyday. I no longer need it, period. I might still have one because I want to - not because I have to. Which is cool.

At work, we will be having the annual Iftar banquet on Wednesday. A big event that. And an interesting one because most of the people I work with are not Muslim. The event is a PR thing and is mostly for the benefit of the clients. And they're usually great Iftars too. Really nice food. Quran before. Prayer after etc....You'd never believe it isn't organized by Muslims. It's kind of sweet actually how much effort they put into it. I really appreciate it.

Ramadan Kareem everyone!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger N said...

Allaho akram :) It's been a while, you said somewhere you didn't blog much when you're happy, i hope thats why :)

Kol sana wenty tayeba.

9/25/2006 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger GC said...

Kol sana wenty tayyeba ya lou lou

9/25/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lubna said...

Ramadan Kareem to you too Loulou:)

9/25/2006 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Happy Ramadan, Lou. Glad to hear you are doing so good. As for smoking, it is indeed a cool thing not to be addicted to nicotine or the smoking social gesture. :)

9/25/2006 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger roora said...

Ramadan Kareem, kol sana wenty tayeba:) and K.

Happy that you get rid a bit from the smoking habity , and 3okbal when you quit it completely ISA.

9/25/2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger 2B || ! 2B ® said...

kol sana we enty tayeba, we kaman 7amdella :) 3ayezeen ba2a shewayet 2atayef we 7ettetien konafa :)

9/26/2006 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger Puppy said...

I see everyone writing "Kol sana wenty tayyeba" which i dont know what does it mean, but i assume its a good thing u should say on Ramadan, so Kol sana wenty tayyeba, Loulou.
Its strange that ppl spell it different.

Happy Ramadan.

9/26/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

Happy Ramadan to you. I hope you enjoy the Iftar banquet.. and good for you on the smoking. I don't smoke really but I do like sheesha now and again.

9/26/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Libyan Violet said...

kul 3am we enti bikheir ya Loulou, glad to see you back :)

9/26/2006 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

Happy Ramadan Loulou. I miss you :)

9/26/2006 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Me ® said...

ramadan kareem o kol saneh wenti salmeh :)

9/27/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Thanks everyone!

It's our second Ramadan as husband and wife. Last year, K and I had our katb ketab in Sept & Ramadan started in Oct. So technically we were married in Ramadan. But it is the first Ramadan we spend together under the same roof. Sounds like a good enough reason for him to get me a present right?

9/28/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger 2B || ! 2B ® said...

heheheh, walahy lo gablik hedya youb2a "al mafroud" zay ma bet2ouli :) amma ba2a lo magabsh 7aga youb2a tegebeelo inty benonasbet your marriage anniversary we te7regeeh:)

i7na gayeen nehady al nefos ya loulou :)

9/28/2006 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sou said...

Allaho Akraam Ya Lou, Bass don't take so much time to write keda cause of Ramadan.
Hope you enjoy your time at the Iftar.

9/29/2006 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Me ® said...

'Sounds like a good enough reason for him to get me a present right?'


i totally agree :)

9/29/2006 02:57:00 AM  
Blogger Shan said...

Salam alaikum!

Since you are no longer addicted to smoking, I suggest you quit entirely! Islam forbids damaging our bodies (and the environment and other people) as there's no usefulness to smoking. Just felt I needed to say it.

I like your journal. I hope the insomnia goes away. Have a good Ramadan!

10/19/2006 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Mehwis Malik said...

Your blog is Owsome. This is very nice and informative blog. Ramadan Dua Day 11

4/21/2019 02:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home