Saturday, May 06, 2006

Time

Reading Leilouta's post about celebrating her first wedding anniversary (Congrats Leilouta!) brought me to a sudden & not entirely welcome realization about my own marriage. For ages I've been going around saying oh we've only been married a couple of months & feeling like a honeymoon couple. But actually we're in our 6th month now. 6 months! That's like half a year.

I feel cheated! Seriously. I feel like saying no wait a minute I didn't see that. Can I rewind?

He was surprised too.

Time is a funny thing. Am scared that one day I'll wake up & it will be our 50th anniversary & I'll still feel robbed!

If we make it to our 50th that is. Now excuse me while I start stressing about all the things that could go wrong & prevent us from making it to our 50th. Or our 25th. Or our 10th for that matter.

Thinking about tomorrow still scares me. And I still ask myself sometimes where I got the guts to commit to someone or something for good.

So instead I think I'll just concentrate on the fact that my dear beloved husband of 6 months is currently in Carrefour where I sent him with a shopping list that I made sure was no longer than 4 items. That was at 10:30pm. Now it's a quarter past midnight. Carrefour closes at midnight. So what does this mean?Another woman?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger roora said...

:)

loulou, you are in your 5th month , did n;t you get married on 1 jan , so this makes 4 months and few days ! It is beautiful that time would pass and you would still feel tht you are still newly married :)

I feel honestly that couples who spent few years and tell me that they feel still that they are new weds that they are successful partners

5/07/2006 01:11:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Good morning ya Roora,

Yes we figured that out last night. And I felt better immediately. 5 months sounds much less threatening than 6. Am safe for one more month.

For some reason I keep getting confused & thinking we're in June.

"I feel honestly that couples who spent few years and tell me that they feel still that they are new weds that they are successful partners."

Thank you. That's nice to hear.:)

5/07/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Loulou,

I see your point here..at first u keep on counting the days since you were married and then you lose count because the days grow very big :D .
But i think as time goes by u'll feel proud of the years you spent together(hopefully the best years of your entire life) and how happy you are since you've been together,you'd have regretted not meeting him since the day you were born :) and how your love and the bond between you have strengthened thru the years.
I feel this way for example with my very old friends, i feel very proud of our friendship that stood tall thru the years say about 7 years or so , and i want it to be a lifetime one..same for marriage :).

5/07/2006 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And I still ask myself sometimes where I got the guts to commit to someone or something for good". That's a hell of a courageous decision...I really understand how dreadful is the thought...but the good news is u r there :D..

5/07/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

"Thinking about tomorrow still scares me"
The solution is simple "carpe diem" seize the day:)

5/07/2006 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Rain,


"But i think as time goes by u'll feel proud of the years you spent together(hopefully the best years of your entire life) and how happy you are since you've been together,you'd have regretted not meeting him since the day you were born :) "

Sounds lovely. And I wish you the same with Medo ISA.:)

Nerro,

"That's a hell of a courageous decision"

Finally. Someone who understands.:)

Wonderer,


"The solution is simple "carpe diem" seize the day:)"

I like that. And yes that IS the best bet. Sometimes I can do it. And sometimes being who I am what I do on a good day is jump ahead to tomorrow & wonder if it will be as good or if something will change. It drives both of us crazy.:(

Anyway we're still being spoilt by everyone we know as the newest couple. People still call him ya 3arees & me ya 3aroosa. Soon we will be displaced be a new happy couple. I will be a bit jealous of course - the way you feel when a younger sibling is born & is getting all the attention. But then I guess it will be our turn to spoil the new couple.:)

5/10/2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Leilouta said...

I feel the same. I am always worried about tomorrow and that might affect my decision about having kids or not. I am worried that my husband or I would die when the kids are young. I am afraid that I would find tumor one day. I know I am weird like that, but I always think worse case scenarios. For now I am trying to count my blessings every day and enjoy every moment of my life.

5/10/2006 07:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home