Sunday, October 09, 2005

Home Sweet Home

While visiting the website of MSF to see what is being done & what more can be done to help the Asian Quake victims, I came across this.

Now I'd like to say am surprised but unfortunately am not. There goes my government making us all proud again. When will our government begin to show some sign of care for its people?

And on the patriotism question again why should I have any loyalty for a government that would abandon me to die in the middle of the desert from thirst & hunger?How depressing to think this is how much my country cares about its citizens. If I was one of these 500 abandoned immigrants I'd save my loyalty for MSF which bothered to actually go looking for those people & help them. Those of them who are lucky enough to survive should know who to thank - the basic humanity of organizations like MSF - not the country which made their lives so unbearable they had to try to flee their homeland & then when they failed to immigrate left them to die.

The Asian Quake news made me sad. But this?This makes me FURIOUS. God what a day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger haal said...

Ours is not that much better actually! Sure this is not to make feel better, but sadder in fact.

10/09/2005 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Yes very sad ya haal. Yesterday was a strange day for bad news wasn't it?Let's hope today is better.

Sabah ElKhair:)

10/10/2005 08:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home