Ten Things I Love About My Husband - In No Particular Order
1) It's a cliche but time flies when we're alone together. I mean it. There's never enough time.
2) He's always the one to get up to switch the AC on/off at night if I say am too hot/cold. Even if I say it when he's already half-asleep. And even if he's perfectly comfortable with the temperature.
3) In the company of other people everyone notices that he lowers his voice & uses a different tone when addressing me. We're always getting the comment hey you two what are you whispering about - when we don't mean to whisper & aren't saying anything particularly private. The only other person I've seen him do that with is his mother - which makes her my biggest rival.
4) Am not always as forgiving as I should be but I just can't stay mad at him.
5) When we talk he doesn't have any taboos. Or if he does I haven't come across them yet. I can get any crazy idea & he'll play along & explore it with me. I can never shock him. He shocks me though. I guess am less broad-minded than him. There are things that I don't like to question or mock.
6) The fact that I love to look at him & that he still gets embarrassed when I say it. And when I give him compliments in general.
7) He likes my hair.
8) He opens doors for me.
9) He eats everything I cook.
10) When other men are joking about how much they dread their wives/miss bachelorhood etc....he just smiles & never joins in.
Ten Things I Do Not Love About My Husband - In No Particular Order
1) His new motorbike.
2) He never calls or messages from work unless there's an emergency or he's looking for something & wants to ask me where I put it. Not even when he's going to be late. I have to get worried & call & ask where he is. Come to think of it. He never calls period - from work or otherwise. He's not good with this phone stuff at all. Even if he finds a missed call he doesn't call back. He just assumes am going to call him again.
3) He doesn't do flowers. Or cuddly toys. Or cards.
4) He doesn't like animals - except for horses. And we can't very well raise a horse in our apartment.
5) He can stay mad at me for ages.
6) He's a creature of habit. If I change something around the house he'll quietly change it back when am not looking. He doesn't like me touching or rearranging his things especially. If I change something about my appearance he'll rarely approve. He'll say he's not used to me like this, why did I have to change etc....That includes losing weight, blowdrying my hair straight, changing my perfume etc.... I asked him one day am going to be old & am going to look very different from now what are you going to do then?And he says he'll get used to it. Go figure.
7) If he doesn't like someone he won't bother being polite to them. A couple of good friends keep saying your husband doesn't like me much does he. I think he's managed to scare them off.
8) Despite repeated complaints whenever he uses the shower he somehow manages to cause all my shower gels, lotions, hair shampoos etc...to fall on the floor or into the bathtub. And then leaves them there. Given the fact that he doesn't like me touching his things shouldn't he leave my things alone too?
9) He gets a kick out of making me jealous.
10) He will not get into arguments.