Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ten Things I Love About My Husband - In No Particular Order

1) It's a cliche but time flies when we're alone together. I mean it. There's never enough time.

2) He's always the one to get up to switch the AC on/off at night if I say am too hot/cold. Even if I say it when he's already half-asleep. And even if he's perfectly comfortable with the temperature.

3) In the company of other people everyone notices that he lowers his voice & uses a different tone when addressing me. We're always getting the comment hey you two what are you whispering about - when we don't mean to whisper & aren't saying anything particularly private. The only other person I've seen him do that with is his mother - which makes her my biggest rival.

4) Am not always as forgiving as I should be but I just can't stay mad at him.

5) When we talk he doesn't have any taboos. Or if he does I haven't come across them yet. I can get any crazy idea & he'll play along & explore it with me. I can never shock him. He shocks me though. I guess am less broad-minded than him. There are things that I don't like to question or mock.

6) The fact that I love to look at him & that he still gets embarrassed when I say it. And when I give him compliments in general.

7) He likes my hair.

8) He opens doors for me.

9) He eats everything I cook.

10) When other men are joking about how much they dread their wives/miss bachelorhood etc....he just smiles & never joins in.


Ten Things I Do Not Love About My Husband - In No Particular Order

1) His new motorbike.

2) He never calls or messages from work unless there's an emergency or he's looking for something & wants to ask me where I put it. Not even when he's going to be late. I have to get worried & call & ask where he is. Come to think of it. He never calls period - from work or otherwise. He's not good with this phone stuff at all. Even if he finds a missed call he doesn't call back. He just assumes am going to call him again.

3) He doesn't do flowers. Or cuddly toys. Or cards.

4) He doesn't like animals - except for horses. And we can't very well raise a horse in our apartment.

5) He can stay mad at me for ages.

6) He's a creature of habit. If I change something around the house he'll quietly change it back when am not looking. He doesn't like me touching or rearranging his things especially. If I change something about my appearance he'll rarely approve. He'll say he's not used to me like this, why did I have to change etc....That includes losing weight, blowdrying my hair straight, changing my perfume etc.... I asked him one day am going to be old & am going to look very different from now what are you going to do then?And he says he'll get used to it. Go figure.

7) If he doesn't like someone he won't bother being polite to them. A couple of good friends keep saying your husband doesn't like me much does he. I think he's managed to scare them off.

8) Despite repeated complaints whenever he uses the shower he somehow manages to cause all my shower gels, lotions, hair shampoos etc...to fall on the floor or into the bathtub. And then leaves them there. Given the fact that he doesn't like me touching his things shouldn't he leave my things alone too?

9) He gets a kick out of making me jealous.

10) He will not get into arguments.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger maxxedout said...

You don't have a remote for the a/c ?!

5/16/2006 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Very interesting lists you have made up, Lou! Well regardless of the not to much to love about things, I guess the first list is the only one that matters on the long run! :D

5/16/2006 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

dude how can u say he has no taboos and won't get into arguments when u transcribe your arguments all the time and he has some very fixed and chauvinistic notions that he doesn't appreciate being challenged?

at least...that's what i'm getting...

my bf hits a lot of these same things, except he loves the phone deeply and calls copiously and is upset when i don't call back. and he's not even arab!

5/17/2006 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger haal said...

the list is so cute. i love the things you love about. what you dont enjoy about him are not that bad--except with the lotion, gel,...thing.

5/17/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sweet ya Loul :D...
"When we talk he doesn't have any taboos. Or if he does I haven't come across them yet. I can get any crazy idea & he'll play along & explore it with me"...Well, this is a very good one...Egyptian men..are not always like this...which is kinda annoying..coz u know..this is the way it should be :D

5/17/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

:)))
The list is so cute really , even the things u don't like , they're bearable somehow.
He's a creature of habit.
Oh ..that's a thing i consider an advantage for a person like me who likes stability , my husband is totally the opposite (Gemini) so u can imagine!

5/17/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Maxxed Out,

No we don't.:(

Alina,

"I guess the first list is the only one that matters on the long run!"

Yes. But I have a feeling both lists will change with time.

forsooth,

When I said he had no taboos I didn't mean our relationship. I meant intellectually he has no taboos. I can talk to him about politics, religion, philosophy, sex....etc...I can say the most ridiculous, disgusting things I can think of without being embarrassed or being judged. It's nice that he can think freely. More than most people I know.

Yeah when it comes to our personal relationship he has taboos. Because in your personal life it's not just your intellect that comes into play. There are complications like ego & emotion & insecurity etc....Same goes for arguments. We can debate sport or movies or the death penalty for hours & he won't lose patience. But if we have an argument about something that really gets to him & he thinks he's going to lose his temper or that I've lost mine he'll clam up & sulk. When he gets over sulking he wants to act like nothing happened & doesn't want to rehash it at all. My urge to fight it out is unsatisfied & am left feeling I haven't said everything I wanted to say. That's what I mean when I said he won't get into arguments. I like a good fight once in a while. It clears the air.

Yours sounds nice though. Don't let him get away. A guy who has a healthy relationship with the telephone is a treasure.

haal,

"what you dont enjoy about him are not that bad--except with the lotion, gel,...thing."

Yes that's a pain. Welcome back btw.:)


Nerro,

"Egyptian men..are not always like this...which is kinda annoying..coz u know..this is the way it should be "

Yes that's the way it should be.:)

Sarah,

Thank you.

Rain,

With a Gemini you have to get used to a bit of a fast pace. Am sure you'll be fine ISA.:)

5/17/2006 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lubna said...

Loulou,
You are very creative in choosing the ideas of your posts. A very nice/funny/interesting post.
I think you and your husband have a wonderful relationship going...keep it up...:)

5/17/2006 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi LouLou,

I can't think of any reason why he knocks your stuff down in the shower and doesn't pick it up, unless he's trying to communicate with you :)

Any chance that he can't get to his own stuff in there, because yours is in the way?

Other than that, your husband seems like a really nice guy :)

Even the fact he won't argue about sensitive issues might be a good thing. Couples have arguments, but they can be really destructive to a relationship if they are bad, and involve something that can't be resolved.

5/17/2006 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Cliche~ said...

WHAt HE actually did end up get ting the motor bike?! wow i under estimated his guts!!!........ maybe u can trade the motorbike for a horse..? hmmmmmm

My favourite was how he doesnt get into married men's rambles about marriage... i mean that is SOMETHING!

5/17/2006 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger Highlander said...

"9) He eats everything I cook."

This is my favourite :) because I can't cook ...so I would love my future husband to enjoy my attempts ...ahem :P

5/18/2006 02:01:00 AM  
Blogger The Negative Girl said...

I miss learning from you.

This statement is not a case of bad English, I really was learning from you. Handling things, the battle between your thoughts and your actions, your insights or lack thereof, your blog has been a source of great relationship knowledge for me. I miss your posts & I am wondering how much have we missed, referring to the development of your relationship with K.

M.

7/25/2012 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home